We want to make sure that we know if your child is absent from school. Ohio law requires us to notify parents if their child is absent, so we can help keep kids safe.
To let us know if your child is absent, please call Winchester Trail Elementary at (614) 833-2150 or email us at WTES@cwls.us before 9 a.m. If the office is closed, you can leave a voicemail. When you contact us about an absence, we will need the following information:
- Student's name
- Your relationship to the child
- Reason for absence
If we don't receive a call from you, you will receive an unexcused absence notice from us by phone, email, or text.
To ensure the safety of our WTES campus, visitors to the school must ring the callbox at the front door of the school and show picture ID at the monitor to gain entry to the front lobby. All visitors must then stop at the front lobby desk to sign in and obtain a visitor pass before proceeding into the school halls.
If you have any questions about attendance or other school policies and procedures, please read the student handbook or contact the Winchester Trail Elementary office at (614) 833-2150.
Why does attendance matter?
It's important for students to be present and on time for school so they can reach their academic, social, and life goals. Students who are at school and ready for the day:
- Learn more. When you're present, you're able to pay attention to the lesson and ask questions if you don't understand something.
- Make friends. Being present gives you more opportunities to interact with your classmates and build relationships.
- Show respect. Being on time shows that you respect your teachers and classmates, and that you value their time.
- Are more likely to succeed. Students who are present and on time are more likely to do well in school and graduate.